Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Tummy Tuck For The Next Top Model?

A size-10 girl may not seem like a likely winner for the title of America’s Next Top Model, but Whitney Thompson sure has proved them all wrong.

Twenty-year-old Whitney was quite single-minded about her participation in the reality show that pits one beautiful girl against another in a bid to win the lofty crown. She sounded pretty confident when asked about her win as well.

She says, “I'm here to fight the eating disorder battle that millions of people are having and I'm standing up and saying that's not okay. Frankly, I can't fail. I will not fail.” Sounds like Miss Thompson has got an agenda on her mind along with that crown.

But a good number of people are criticizing Whitney for the image she is projecting out to the thousands of young boys and girls in America. About the reaction people in the business have to full-figured women she says, “I wanted to come out and say, ‘Hey, I’m plus-sized. I look good, and I'm proud of that.’”

Earlier in the year, Chloe Marshall, a Miss England contestant and a plus size model faced similar flak for flaunting her excessive curves. But health administrators and anorexia protestors are happy about modeldom’s new trend.

Let’s just hope they think hard and fast about a tummy tuck or similar plastic surgery if they are ever forced to have one. Individuality, in my opinion, matters- but the title of a role model was never light.

For tummy tuck procedures in Orange County, visit the Plastic Surgery Institute of California.

No comments:

Gorge Up!